These cookies are satisfying, low in sugar, super nutritious and a great quick breakfast if you don’t have time to sit down and eat.
Morning Glory Cookie Ingredients
1/2 cup nut butter
2 large eggs
1/4 cup maple syrup
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 cup apple sauce (unsweetened)
1/4 cup melted coconut oil
1 cup flour (almond, rice, coconut)*
1/2 cup shredded coconut
1/2 tsp baking soda
2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon sea salt
1/2 cup grated apple
1/2 cup grated carrot
1/4 cup chia seeds
1/4 cup pumpkin seeds
1/2 cup walnuts chopped
- Mix wet ingredients (nut butter, eggs, oil, syrup, vanilla, apple sauce) in bowl
- In a separate bowl mix dry ingredients (flour, coconut, baking soda, cinnamon, salt, chia)
- Add dry ingredients to wet and combine.
- Mix in shredded apple, carrots and remaining seeds and nuts.
- Bake for 15 minutes at 350 C.
*Use whatever alternative flour you like or have on hand, I mixed rice with almond flour 50/50 and it turned out well!
Also, feel free to add any nuts and seeds you’d like; raisins, chopped almonds, sunflower seeds, etc…
Original recipe adapted and modified from The Roasted Root.